Parents as Teachers (PAT), is a free, voluntary parent education and family support program serving families from pregnancy through kindergarten age. PAT utilizes trained Parent Educators to meet school readiness and healthy child development outcomes. PAT delivers services once or twice per month in your home or a place of your choosing. Families typically enroll in PAT for at least one year.
Many families continue enrollment for multiple years and some families are enrolled from pregnancy until kindergarten entry.
Parent Educators focus on the following components:
- Empowering parents to become their child’s first and most important teacher
- Partnering with parents to demonstrate activities parents can do with their child to optimize the child’s brain development and health by combining nurturing parenting techniques with activities, stories, songs, and games
- Group meetings designed to relay important information and offer parents opportunities to interact and support one another
- Health and developmental screening
- Resource network to connect your family with resources that meet your specific needs
For more information on the evidence based Parents as Teachers © program go to www.parentsasteachers.org, email or call 970.867.9606