The Family Advocate works in Morgan County, supporting and encouraging individuals to identify their own strengths, assisting them either directly or through referral efforts, and working with providers in the planning process for families and children. The Family Advocate will work in conjunction with other Center programs to link families to community-based support networks.
Some of the duties would include but not be limited to:
- Process Emergency Financial Assistance applications
- Provide Family Development services for individuals seeking long term assistance.
- Coordinate and/or provide services for up to 20 families.
- Demonstrate skills and sensitivity to the cultural and linguistic differences with respect to the population of Morgan County.
- Maintain records and files and provide data to the Family Center Directors to complete the quarterly and year-end reports
- Be responsible to the Family Center Executive Director.
- Must be an individual that can work with diverse populations
- Bilingual preferred
Works in various locations including office, public meeting places, agencies and client homes. Must speak, read, write and understand English. Abilities in other languages are a plus. Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a background check.
A full time position is available starting January 15, 2021. Call 970.867.9606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.